2 Oct 2010

URBAN NUMBERS

Introducing one of our new ranges: URBAN NUMBERS
I have been asked for years now when am going to do a birthday Gift Wrap. I thought about all the pretty number designs I could do, but then decided that I would go in a slightly different direction. About a year ago I had an idea of collecting urban numbers by photographing them as and when I saw them throughout the year. The idea was for the design to be slightly grubby urban and by no means perfect. The numbers on the Gift Wrap sort of represent the various numbers I passed by about my daily business over a period of about eight months. Most of the numbers were photographed around Bristol, in particular the Bristol Docks, as it is one of my favourite places to walk. But some of the numbers are more personal as they were taken on a family holiday or are family & friend's house numbers.


I really do love the Bristol Docks, which is where I took quite a few of the number photographs.


These are all my sheets of FSC recycled paper stacked up ready for the print run.


The Urban Numbers CYMK plates ready to go into the printer for the print run.


Hot off the press! Urban Numbers chugging away in the printing press.


The end result is our new range: 'Urban Numbers' Now available as a Gift Wrap Sheet, Gift Tag & a Greeting Card. Available to buy from our website HERE.