23 Apr 2012

SILENT MOVIES WEDDING THEME

The Movie



Please watch and enjoy this short but sweet silent movie produced by me, Rachel Goodchild. It has been created to introduce my latest Designer Wedding Blog and Stationery range on the theme of Silent Movies. I started the original design last year after reading an article about 2012 being the celebration of 100 years of film-making. This was before I had discovered The Artist. After seeing the The Artist I was inspired to make my own little silent movie to present the new range. All of the items in this post can be found on the wedding page of my website by clicking HERE. I have to admit that I am fortunate enough to be married to a TV and film composer, so I have William Goodchild to thank for composing the music. The pianist is Christopher Northam, who is Bristol-based and who performed on the soundtrack for Gosford Park

The Wedding Blog Designs
Within the Silent Movies range there are two alternative styles, one on black and one on cream. For a personal touch, a photograph of the wedding couple can be incorporated into the design. For the samples I used a rather old photograph of myself and my husband, taken many years ago by my sister, Joanna. To see the samples, please click on the links: Silent Movies Wedding Blog and Silent Movies Wedding Invitation.

The Bespoke Wedding Invitations



 

Related Wedding Stationery

Bespoke thank you cards with a 1920's theme

My 1926 Corona typewriter, still in working order, is being used to display some bespoke Thank You cards in the style of Silent Movies. These are available in black and cream (soon to be added to the website).

Save the Date Post Card

One simply must have a Save The Date postcard to send out to your guests in advance of the wedding invitation. You can have have the whole Silent Movies theme follow through from start to finish. (The vintage handbag is borrowed from my lovely mother, Janet). 

Wedding Invitation and Wedding Service

A 1920s camera that I borrowed from my father, artist Peter Swan, who has everything you could imagine hidden away in his studio.

Incorporating your photograph into the design with a 1920s theme

Bespoke Thank You cards for bridesmaids
Vintage writing sets, pens and ink wells (again from my father), used to show my range of bespoke Thank You cards (soon to be added to the website).

Bespoke Thank You cards for the bride and groom for after the wedding.

Table Seating Plans and Place Names
 all in the 1920s Silent Movies Theme.




The Bristol Vintage Wedding Fair

I first launched this range at the the Bristol Vintage Wedding Fair in February 2012, along with new gift wrap designs suitable for the wedding market called Bride and Groom and Dove Heart. Below are a few pictures taken at the event.

Photo by Rachel Goodchild


My stand also promoted my vintage-style Designer E-Cards. With over 350 designs to choose from and an automated calendar service, plus the ability to send as many E-Cards as you like over a year for just £5.00, these are a very stylish and an environmentally-friendly way to send a picture message to friends and family. To see sample E-Cards, click HERE. To subscribe, click HERE.

Photo by Rachel Goodchild
Our Embrace gift wrap is still a big seller for the hopeless romantics! 
And Finally...
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like to take a peek at my 1920s photo shoot for a Hen Party Invitation sample. Below is a sneak peek of my model, but to see the whole blog post, please click HERE.